Saturday, March 15, 2008

Med school now taking over dreams?

So i was taking a power nap today....and then all of a sudden i'm driving my car and an 18 wheeler is on my tail, and then it taps me, and in the dream, i think to myself "oh man, here come my sympathetics" and without a doubt (in real life) my heart rate started increasing. I then started to have some flashing anime in my head (yeah, i know that's weird, i'm not into anime, and i'm not asian or anything, really just weird) and then i forced myself up. I was actually conscious at the time that if i opened my eyes it would all be over, otherwise it would likely continue with flashes of anime.

I'm thinking subconsciously my body told me to wake up so that I could study (It was only 7 PM), so now I think about med school stuff, such as sympathetics, even in my dreams. I wonder if I will be like this when I'm in a real life situation where something similar happens.

Anyways, I was reenergized though right afterwards. I then went for a run and am now at Beaner's coffee shop getting a decent bit of studying done. Maybe one day this respiratory physiology will make sense.

No comments: