Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Test Block 2 Begins

Tests - a way to prove to yourself and to your teachers that you know what you are talking about.

As I embark upon the second test block of my first semester of medical school, I can't help but think about how fast time is really going by. In about a month and a half, I have learned a lot about various subjects and memorized it enough to be able to perform decently on tests. I remember the first week or so of med school when I thought it couldn't get much worse, but I think for the first time today, i realized that I am getting used to the workload.

Why do I say this? Well, after the first developmental test, which coincidentally was the first test of med school, my brain was fried and I wasn't able to do anything school-related for a couple of days. After the test today, I didn't really feel too burnt out, and felt like I could go to class and complete the rest of the tasks that I had to (however, I did get a nap in).

Somehow, I am adapting to what I need to be doing. On another note, taste of nations is really taking off I believe. Apparently there are enough people in our class that share the love of food with me, which is pretty awesome. We are all planning on going somewhere tomorrow even though we do not know where we will go as of yet.

I think its really interesting to see the dynamics of a class work themselves out. Some people will associate with each other because of similarities in education, hometown's, culture, and the like. And even though they said that we don't need to be forming cliques (not sure if that's the correct spelling), it seems that they are somehow forming. Its funny that we are going through professional school but the social aspects of our relationships are very similar to high school students. How can people so smart act so adolescent? I attribute it to the fact that we are given so much information to memorize, we forget common sense and end up doing stupid things that we thought we had outgrown.

So I learned I got used to the workload, people love tasty international food as much as me, and that med students are really like high school students.

And that's the Gulati Opinion...

No comments: