Thursday, October 18, 2007

Trying to Get r' dun

Well test block 2 is over and we are done with test 3 for Devo as well. I haven't been a huge fan of the whole Jeff Foxworthy type Get R' Dun, but right now I am just trying to Get R' Dun. Now what exactly is that saying, I mean, I think if I grew up anywhere other than the south, I would have no idea what the heck that was talking about and would probably also think that the South is full of country hicks. BUT I am glad that I am a Southern Boy. Its an easier transition from Indian culture to Alabama than it would have been to New York, even though there would have been more indians around. I guess I am just thinking about family life and southern culture/traditions etc.

I am going to Tuscaloosa this weekend for the Alabama Tennessee game and am pretty excited to be back in town and also to get to visit my friends. I don't know how it happened but at some point I fell in love with that place. I didn't think I'd be one of those alums who would follow our football team or even want to go back and visit. But its like once you go there for school, you love the place.

My next set of tests don't start for 2 weeks but I am trying to stay motivated right now so that I can be ready for the next set of tests since it will kind of be clutch time. Its definitely hard to keep writing on the blog. Its really exciting and stuff at first but I just start getting tired of having to type everything. If only I had someone transcribe it for me. I'm sounding like a doctor already....

And that's the Gulati Opinion...

1 comment:

Ry said...

I know how you feel about Tuscaloosa. I never realized how much I actually miss it until yesterday. Not being able to see all our friends everyday is part of it, but I also just miss the atmosphere of the place. Even though I miss being there during football season, I also miss being there during the quiet times, too. Oregon was my top choice for the PhD. at first, but Alabama may be creeping up there...